Privacy And Cookies Policy
MusicQubed Limited (“we“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is MusicQubed Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales under registration number 7156519, whose registered office is at c/o Shelley Stock Hutter LLP, 1st Floor, 7 – 10 Chandos Street, London W1G 9DQ, England.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process information about you in the following ways:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the following websites: www.mtvtrax.com and www.musicqubed.com (the “Site(s)”), or by providing information via the mobile applications powered by us, currently including:
- the MTV Trax application; and/or
- the O2 Tracks application; and/or
- the Vodafone Music application.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site(s), inserting any details within the Site(s) to allow us to contact you in relation to an App, subscribing to a service via an App, uploading material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion run by us, and when you report a problem with the Site(s) or an App.
- If you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- When you carry out transactions through the Site(s) or via an App, we may record this and details of the fulfilment of any orders you place.
- We may record details of your visits to the Site(s) or use of an App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- We also collect information through your use of services via the Apps including, but not limited to, the content you have used, listened to or purchased, your geographical location, gender and age, the make of your handset or device and its operating system type.
We may collect information about your computer and/or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is for system administration purposes and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is in the form of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and is not linked to the name of any individual.
Cookies perform many functions, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
Cookies used on the Sites and Apps
Our uses of cookies basically fall into three categories
- those that are strictly necessary to deliver the services and products you have requested;
- cookies related to the performance of the Site(s), such as Google Analytics which provides us with meaningful reports on how visitors use the Site(s); and
- cookies related to the functionality of the Site(s), such as remembering a preferred choice of language, when available.
On the Site(s) we use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that only remain in the cookie file of your internet browser until you leave the Site(s) or close the App. The cookies used in the Apps are session cookies.
On the Site(s) we also use a number of persistent cookies, in addition to session cookies. Depending on the cookie type, persistent cookies can remain for periods ranging from hours to years in the cookie file of your internet browser after you leave the Site(s) and after your internet browser is closed.
How can you change your cookie preferences?
You may at any time refuse to accept or block cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You may also be able to change the setting on your internet browser so that only particular types of cookies will be accepted.
If you would like to know more about cookies, including local storage devices, the following websites provide useful information:
Please note, if you change your settings to block cookies, some of the functionality of the Site(s) and/or of the Apps may be affected.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Any payment transactions we process will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site(s) or of an App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data being transmitted to the Site(s) or an App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate measures and security features to protect against unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on the Site(s) and the Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site(s) and the Apps, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the services provided via the Site(s) and the Apps.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you want us to stop using your information in this way, or to stop passing your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us by email at email@example.com.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected about you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to audience they wish to target.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also share your information with business partners (including advertisers and advertising networks), suppliers and sub-contractors in order to perform a contract we enter into with you and provide associated services, e.g. advertising.
In relation to any personal information collected via the Site(s), please note that this information will be disclosed with Viacom International Inc (including any of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or a member of our group or substantially all of our or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us or it about our or its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Site(s) or an App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. They may also drop cookies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 15 December 2015